Something a bit new for this blog… a recipe! I made this soup over the weekend – It’s full of flavor, super easy to make and very good for you, so I thought I would share the recipe! Now I have lunches for days, yay!
2 onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
2 Tbsp olive oil
5 cups Buttercup or Butternut squash, cubed
2 Tbsp curry powder
1 Tsp dry mustard
4-5 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
Salt & Pepper
1. In a large pot, medium heat, sauté onions, garlic and ginger in oil.
2. Add the squash, curry and mustard. Cook for about 2 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil.
3. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until squash is fork tender.
4. Transfer to a blender and purée until creamy and smooth. Add salt and pepper.
5. Serve with a touch of cream & fresh herbs (coriander, parsley, …)
Bon appétit 🙂
Inspired by from RicardoCuisine.com